Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Few problems...

Quote Reply
Few problems...
Hi,

Following Problems Noticed:

(1) Reply-to editing: The addition of reply-to email works fine. However, if i try to remove it doesn't get removed so all Reply-to gets communicated even when it is not intended to. The only way is to get it edited by hand in the /users/.../.prefs file. So once a Reply-to has been turned on it just cannot be turned off by the user. This may be needed a some filter rules may have Reply-to as detection of spam. rediffmail for example has this from admin end to detect spam (which may not be a spam really) and could land a domain/mailserver into problem in such case. Just tested this myself.

(2) Auto Reply (html mode - html message):
    • The footer is not visible in AR message to GM accounts.
    • The txt footer is visible in hotmail though it is all set for html. So ideally it should be the html footer which should go. The formatting is all disturbed for the footer message.
    • The images are not visible at all in rediffmail.com accounts and in hotmail the text of the mail is not visible and only the image is visible with all <alt></alt> tags removed. When the img src is a 'remote-url' (http://somedomain/image.gif) it works fine. So img as attachment using GM html editor may cause problems at recepients end. BTW, the message is virus free..So uploaded image attachments thru GM HTML composer could cause problems with recd mails on certain domains. In fact sail-steel.com mailserver bluntly rejects all such mails (image attachments). So possibly, GM html composer should have img src=remote url also instead of just attachments. (like th one on GF).
    • GM to GM Auto Respond does not carry the footer and the Reply-to though the same message on hotmail from same AR has it. the rediffmail does not have the footer and the image is completely blocked.

(3) The Re part of message problem wrt hotmail and vsnl accounts has already been promisd to be attended to in GM 2.2

Help solicited...

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Few problems... In reply to
Further clarification to Point 1 above.

The Reply-to cannot be turned off is wrt the Reply-to Address which is entered. Once entered it can be modified but not deleted. Say Reply to for xxx.sampledomain has reply-to yyy.somedomain Now yyy.somedomain can be modified to whatever, but it cannot be deleted by user. Admin has to edit the .prefs file.....

Anup
Quote Reply
(1) Reply-To has been replaced in 2.2 with Profiles. With the different profiles, it will allow the user to select what address to use for the From address, thus negating the need for a Reply-To.

(2) Thanks for the bug list, we'll try getting these fixed in 2.2.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Few problems... In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Thnx for all yr replies. The AR-attachment issue is corrected.

I hope i would be allowed a "Free Upgrade" to 2.2 as it seems that many of the issues are being fixed there and also many new features are coming up....Would I be allowed?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Few problems... In reply to
Hi Adrian,

With ref to following:
Quote:

(2) Auto Reply (html mode - html message):

The footer is not visible in AR message to GM accounts.

The txt footer is visible in hotmail though it is all set for html. So ideally it should be the html footer which should go. The formatting is all disturbed for the footer message.

I just happened to try our GT Auto Responder (freeautobot.com) a similar behaviour is seen. All the GT Auto Responder (from above site) to my GM account does not have the footer message visible. However, when it is HM account then the footer there (txt based) is visible. So possibly, auto responder/auto replies in a GM acount anyway is not displaying the footer. However, when a hand composed message is sent from GT AR (on (freeautobot.com) to my GM domain, the footer (txt) message is visible. Has it got something to do with GM? I know I should have posted this in Auto Responder forum, but since i found the bug (excuse me if i am wrong) to be relevant and common to the GM Auto Reply one.

Anup
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I know I should have posted this in Auto Responder forum, but since i found the bug (excuse me if i am wrong) to be relevant and common to the GM Auto Reply one.

You should post about this in the AutoResponder forum - although the two bugs are similar, they aren't related to one another.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com