Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Features In Plan for GM 2.3.0?

Quote Reply
Features In Plan for GM 2.3.0?
Hi,

What are the features in plan for GM 2.3.x or the next version of GM that is in plan?

Thnx
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Features In Plan for GM 2.3.0? In reply to
I really do hope they put in support for threaded views.
Quote Reply
Re: [grid] Features In Plan for GM 2.3.0? In reply to
Hi.

I would look forward to following:

(1). Admin Provision for integrating the GM to Virus Scanners. This becomes necessary in following scenario:

Scanners refuse connection at SMTP level to infected/suspicious mails. However, such scanners are not scanning any local deliveries level (which does not use SMTP) means-- sending mails by users on same server to each other using any webmail client (like GM for example) on the same server.

This provision of integrating with Virus Scanners is available in one of the competing products (wouldn't name them or post a link here).

(2). Import Export Address Book from to OE/Eudora/Incredimail etc.

(3). Admin interface for scheduling Backup / or doing a Backup (as in Links SQL for example).

(4). Ability Of Mass Mail to take tags so that Mass Mails could be made to look personalised.

(5). Extending (4) with respect to Address Groups email addresses so that there is not a long list of recepients (I have found certain destination mail servers refuse connection even with 10 recepients).

The above is in addition to certain requests already being worked upon for future release.

TIA
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Features In Plan for GM 2.3.0? In reply to
I would like for gossamer to handle having non and paid users on the same setup. Allowing a free lifetime trial always gives me problems. Instead of lifetime free evaluation, have a "free account". and the options for them to updgrade there account status's.

For shared hosting, there should be a way to block email on a gossamer level, either by ip or domain name, yeah i know the headers can be forged but they are the same headers gossamer uses to store email. free email accounts are the most abused accounts on the www and its necessary to have this functionality for all users of gossamer mail, or every spammer every bot can abuse every gossamer mail administrator.

thank you for your time,
andy
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] Features In Plan for GM 2.3.0? In reply to
In Reply To:
Instead of lifetime free evaluation, have a "free account". and the options for them to updgrade there account status's.

This is something I am interested in also. I want to offer a "free" account that has few features, which would also give users an incentive to upgrade for more features.

If they have upgraded, when that paid account "expires" it simply drops the user down to the free account status - once again limiting the features.

This means we can still keep the user onboard.

regan.