Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Features Enhancement for 2.1

Quote Reply
Features Enhancement for 2.1
Hi,

Just thought of putting it down for consideration by GT Team:

(1)Filters:

(A): Adult Filter: Just a button to activate and deactive this filter. The mailbox is filtered of the contents accordingly. When turned on No adult content can be recd. and all adult content in Mail Box is deleted.

(B)Junk Mails Filter: Again actiavated or turned off byclick of a Button. When Turned on, only mails from addresses included in the address book is recd and rest are bounced back. When turned off the mails are recd as usual as per any set spam and filter rules.

(2)Address Book:

(A). The List of addresses should be sorted alphabetically in the view window instead of the order in which they were added to the address book.

(B) Provision of creating groups in address book.

(C) Provision of including multiple addresses from the address book to mail compose TO: CC and BCC.

(D) Provision of mass mailing from address book groups with each address in the group being mailed till all the entries in a group have been mailed to.

(E) On sending the mail, there should be a provision of including the sent addresses in the address book (as in HM).

(3) Reminder mail:The user sets the occassion, date and days before to have a automatic reminder mail. For example, if there are anniversary dates of his freinds stored and he would wish to be reminded X number of days before that then there is a remindermail automatically.

(4) You Have Mail :When ever there is a new mail in the account the user is intimated by Audio/Visual alarm.

(5) Web Organizer/ Calendar.

(6) Instant Messaging utility. The same should only be comaptible with GM but should have the posibility to configure other accounts on other services (although sooner or later all of them are going to be PAID).

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Features Enhancement for 2.1 In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

Just thought of putting it down for consideration by GT Team:

(1)Filters:

(A): Adult Filter: Just a button to activate and deactive this filter. The mailbox is filtered of the contents accordingly. When turned on No adult content can be recd. and all adult content in Mail Box is deleted.

(B)Junk Mails Filter: Again actiavated or turned off byclick of a Button. When Turned on, only mails from addresses included in the address book is recd and rest are bounced back. When turned off the mails are recd as usual as per any set spam and filter rules.

(2)Address Book:

(A). The List of addresses should be sorted alphabetically in the view window instead of the order in which they were added to the address book.

(C) Provision of including multiple addresses from the address book to mail compose TO: CC and BCC.

(D) Provision of mass mailing from address book groups with each address in the group being mailed till all the entries in a group have been mailed to.

(E) On sending the mail, there should be a provision of including the sent addresses in the address book (as in HM).

(3) Reminder mail:The user sets the occassion, date and days before to have a automatic reminder mail. For example, if there are anniversary dates of his freinds stored and he would wish to be reminded X number of days before that then there is a remindermail automatically.

(4) You Have Mail :When ever there is a new mail in the account the user is intimated by Audio/Visual alarm.

(6) Instant Messaging utility. The same should only be comaptible with GM but should have the posibility to configure other accounts on other services (although sooner or later all of them are going to be PAID).

Thnx

Anup

I endorse each and everyone of these suggested feature enhancements.

I was about to add several of my own but after doing a search found this thread that articulates all of my suggestions and then some. I would appreciate feedback from the Gossamer team with regard to the likelyhood of encorporating these recomendations into the next release of Gossamer Mail.
Scott Halliday

Last edited by:

shalliday: Jun 26, 2003, 6:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Features Enhancement for 2.1 In reply to
Quote:
(1)Filters:

(A): Not as easy as it sounds. Sounds more like a bunch of preset filters created by the admin that users can choose to enable or not. I'll add that to our future features list (it probably won't make it into 2.2).

(B): So something that acts like hotmail's mail Exclusive Junk mail filter. This may make its way into 2.2

Quote:
(2)Address Book:

(A, B, C): This has been done in 2.2
(D): Not sure what these one means
(E): Will add to features list

Quote:
Calendar/Tasks feature may be added in 3.0

Quote:
We have this feature, but due to browser compatibility, it only works on some systems.

Quote:
See (3)

Quote:
I don't think this feature should be part of Gossamer Mail. Sounds like a separate program.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Features Enhancement for 2.1 In reply to
Quote:
Quote:
We have this feature, but due to browser compatibility, it only works on some systems.
This would be a really great feature if you guys can at least get this functional to work on at least the most popular browsers, such as IE and Netscape.
Quote:
Calendar/Tasks feature may be added in 3.0[/quote] I really do hope this is a feature in 3.0 if not sooner because this is functionality that many of our gmail users expect to see because it is readily available in most other free webbased email services being offered today. I look forward to version 2.2 with the added feature functionality as you have indicated. I guess the next question would be when we could expect to see version 2.2 available?
Scott Halliday
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Features Enhancement for 2.1 In reply to
Quote:

---
(D): Not sure what these one means

Hi,
What I meant would be clear from following example:

Say I have email addresses stored in groups (like freinds, corporate etc)

Now to freinds i would like to send a greetings (some festive occassion) then after composing a greeting message, i just select the group and the mail is sent to all the addresses in the group, without each recepient really knowing the email addresses of other recepients.

Quote:

Jabber Server is popularly used by some IM solutions provider who have created their own client (some way a replica of exodus client).

If a client could be there which integrates GM (in fact other GT products too) with Jabber IM server it would be great. I had tried Jabber with Exodus and it is great for most of the Non asl and lol type of messaging...

Thnx
Anup