Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Disable passwords

Quote Reply
Disable passwords
Is it possible to disable passwords? If so how? I am asking this because I have password validation before my users even hit Gossamer-Mail. Thanks.

joe
Quote Reply
Re: [jmurray] Disable passwords In reply to
Well you need some kind of authentication otherwise GMail won't know which account they are supposed to be viewing.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Disable passwords In reply to
See thats just it. I still wish to use usernames, but I just dont want to use passwords. Since when they originally get to my site they already have to enter a username and password. The username they use to logon to my site is the same as they use for gossamer-mail, but I dont want them to have to use mutliple passwords just to use the email system. I am already passing their usernames and passwords from the site to gossamer-mail so that they dont actually have to enter it twice, but then if they want to change their password on my site they are also going to have to change it on the gossamer-mail site as well. This will just get annoying and create problems. So I am basically wanting to disable gossamer-mail passwords all together.

joe