Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Digest::SHA1 Issue Debian

Quote Reply
Digest::SHA1 Issue Debian
Hi there..

Installing Gossamer Mail on new Debian server. Debian has abandoned Digest::SHA1 in it's packaging as I understand all functionality is present in Digest::SHA

I have installed Digest::SHA package but Gossamer Mail is still complaining that it can't find the module. Before I mess with source packages or other hacks I'd like to find a "clean supported" way to deal with this? I really try to stick to distribution packages if at all possible - just typically makes life simpler for upgrades and patches etc....:)

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [pstewart726] Digest::SHA1 Issue Debian In reply to
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately it's been a while since we've last released a new version of Gossamer Mail so things are a bit out of date. It looks like Spam Assassin has updated their modules to use Digest::SHA instead of Digest::SHA1 as well.

What you can do to is to switch Gossamer Mail to use the system install Spam Assassin modules. I haven't tested this, but you'll have to do the following:
  • Comment out in admin/GMail/SpamAssassin.pm:
    • rules_filename => "$admin/GMail/Config/SpamAssassin/default-rules",
      site_rules_filename => "$admin/GMail/Config/SpamAssassin/site-rules",
    • use Digest::SHA1 ();
  • Rename admin/Mail to something else (eg. Mail.old)

That should make it use your system's Spam Assassin. Hopefully they didn't break their module's API :)

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Digest::SHA1 Issue Debian In reply to
Thanks very much for the response. It's been a while since I used your products and to be honest was kind of surprised to see that it looks like development has slowed down or stopped. Is there plans to "update" the software packages in the future? I'm not suggesting for free, maybe for an annual support option or something along those lines to recover the time investment?

I am developing a site right now using four Gossamer packages that I own as I feel the software is a perfect fit - but I also am always concerned around continued support, upgrades, and security packages.

Any comments are much appreciated...

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [pstewart726] Digest::SHA1 Issue Debian In reply to
Sorry about the late reply. We do push out security fixes via the update system when they come up, but there haven't been any for a while.

Adrian