Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453.

Quote Reply
DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453.
I'm testing the 2.2.4 on a Windows system using MSSQL as the database.

Any idea what may be causing this?

A fatal error has occured:

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: (DBD: no select statement currently executing err=-1) at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Driver/MSSQL.pm line 453.

Stack Trace
======================================
GMail (3268): GT::SQL::Driver::MSSQL::sth::execute called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 748 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Driver::MSSQL::sth=HASH(0x1d8b3b4), 2).
GMail (3268): GT::SQL::Driver::select called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 907 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Driver::MSSQL=HASH(0x1da9c78), ARRAY(0x1b35ffc), GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x1db6bb4), ARRAY(0x1da9c54)).
GMail (3268): GT::SQL::Table::select called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GMail/Auth.pm line 133 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x1d8b558), user_logins_date, HASH(0x1d98944)).
GMail (3268): GMail::Auth::get_user called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GMail/Auth.pm line 72 with arguments
(GMail::Auth, testing@xyzinc.com).
GMail (3268): GMail::Auth::__ANON__ called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 142 with arguments
(testing@xyzinc.com).
GMail (3268): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GMail/Auth.pm line 72 with arguments
(GT::Plugins=HASH(0x1a01cf0), GMail::Auth::get_user, CODE(0x1ab6328), testing@xyzinc.com).
GMail (3268): GMail::Auth::authenticate called at C:\NetPub\WWWRoot\perl_test\cgi-bin\user\login.cgi line 53 with arguments
(GMail::Auth).
GMail (3268): main::__ANON__ called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 142 with no arguments.
GMail (3268): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at C:\NetPub\WWWRoot\perl_test\cgi-bin\user\login.cgi line 53 with arguments
(GT::Plugins=HASH(0x1a01cf0), GMail::Auth::authenticate, CODE(0x1a10ca8)).
GMail (3268): main::main called at C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 142 with no arguments.
GMail (3268): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at C:\NetPub\WWWRoot\perl_test\cgi-bin\user\login.cgi line 29 with arguments
(GT::Plugins=HASH(0x1a01cf0), login::main, CODE(0x1a10ad4)).

I'm also seeing this on setup_env.html:

ystem Information
======================================
Perl Version: v5.8.6
Gossamer Mail Version: 2.2.4-Upgrade
MIME::Base64 Version: 3.05
Digest::MD5 Version: 2.33
Running under mod_perl: No
Running under SpeedyCGI: No
@INC =
C:/NetPub/WWWRoot/perl_test/cgi-bin/admin
C:/Perl/lib
C:/Perl/site/lib
$@: The getpwuid function is unimplemented at GMail::environment line 376.

$!: No such file or directory
Quote Reply
Re: [DrewBlack] DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453. In reply to
Hi Drew,

On what page do you get the error? Also, there should be a "$GT::SQL::error = " line in the error output (when debug is enabled). This line will certainly help us track down this error.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453. In reply to
This happens as a user attempts to login from
l/user/login.cgi

I'll go track down the error line. (I shut the server down for a while so it will take a few minutes.)
Quote Reply
Re: [DrewBlack] DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453. In reply to
Jason, you've got mail.
Quote Reply
Any updates?
Quote Reply
This error appears to have corrected itself. I'm not sure why.
Quote Reply
Hi,

We're working on a fix for this (the issue shows up on MS SQL databases when a user logs in, but the issue only happens on the first 10 attempts).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453. In reply to
I did receive a new MSSQL.pm from Jason yesterday. I installed thew new version and everything is still working OK. I haven't reinstalled the software though so I don't think I'll run into the login issue.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Good to hear! Just for your reference, you'd see the issue again if you created a brand new user and attempted to login, it's not just the first 10 logins of any user.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_arrayref failed MSSQL.pm line 453. In reply to
I created a new user account and was able to login fine. No errors.

However if I click the the link in the confirmation/validation email I get an invalid validation ID error. If I copy/paste this value in the form the account is validated correctly.
Quote Reply
I have installed Gossamer Mail on a different server running teh latest version of ActiveState Perl on WinServer 2003 using an external MSSQL server (64 bit Itanium running Server 2003). After installation I copied teh MSSQL.pm file Jason provided via email onto the fresh install. I haven't had any login issues.

The problems I was running into at the beginning of the thread were on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server box, ActiveState, with a local MS SQL installation. I'm not sure if this matters at all but I wanted to share the info just in case.