Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Current email intact?

Quote Reply
Current email intact?
Hi

I have pop3 users today at my domain. Can these users still use their pop3 account from home, and use it just as they are used to (mail.mydomain.com)?

I have qmail installed, but not with mysql connection or storage. Does GT demands that this connection is up before they install?

Is it difficult to add a ad-banner at top of all pages in the program?

Thanks.

Are

Quote Reply
Re: Current email intact? In reply to
Hi Are,

If you want to use a separate POP3 account for each user, Gossamer Mail can definately work that way.

Since all mail servers are different, what you need to do is edit the Authentication module to automate creation and deletion of pop boxes though. We do offer qmail mail server integrated with Gossamer Mail which has all the work done.

I can send you are qmail file which does the auto creation/deletion, however we are using a modified version of qmail, not the regular install (designed for large number of accounts, not using system accounts, authentication in mysql, etc.).

As for ad-banners, it's all template driven, plus you can easily run perl functions from within your templates, so it should be pretty easy to integrate your ad banner program.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
hmmm....I would really like the users to only get email by going to my website (for earning ad income)...

I saw on the demo, it said something about useing a catch all account ?

Quote Reply
Yes, if you don't want to let them check from home, you can use a catch all account. Basically all email that doesn't match an existing pop box goes to your catch all account. Gossamer Mail then parses that account and distributes the email to the appropriate Gossamer Mail user.

This is the easiest setup and does not require any mail server integration.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi

I am problably going to buy the program...the question is WHEN!

I am currently moving my main site to a dedicated server, where I am going to host both my own site in addition to MAX 30 low/medium traffic customers of mine. So I think I will be ok for now with P3 500, 128 MB RAM.

The new server is up and running with Qmail. Is it possible (I understand that I probably should have sent a email, but since I have started here...) to get GT to install it on the server so that I could do all customizing so that is ready when my domain name points in correct direction ? Or is the new version around the corner, so I should wait to install/buy it yet? I really could need the possibility to use retrive pop3 email (from other mailservers, just like yahoo does) in this program.

I want to use the Catch all option.

Thanks.

Are

Quote Reply
Yes, installation is included. And we could set it up for you while you wait for the name to move over.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
There it was ordered!

*waiting* :-)