Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Creation datestamp tag?

Quote Reply
Creation datestamp tag?
I'd like to insert a tag telling users on what date they signed up? What's the tag for this?

I'm using this as a reminder for users to renew their accounts yearly. What's the best way to automatically email users a couple of weeks before the end of their year? Could a custom mod be made for this?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Creation datestamp tag? In reply to
Hi,

I had done this as a separate utility altogether. I have got following changes done:

1. Integrated with the GM database a subdomain hosting with cgi-bin access where every subscriber gets a web address of the type user.domain.xxx

2. The admin module of the subhosting system is integrated with GM and so does away with etc/passwd entries as far as users of GM are concerned. The admin module has got the reminder run as cron and automatically suspends an account (no delete) if not renewed.

The user side is done and admin side would be completed in 3 days time. This had been done at $50 a piece (domain) and that too I pay after the whole system is tested by me. The guys doing the mod and other stuff have also agreed that I pay them in 5 months installment.....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Creation datestamp tag? In reply to
Sounds perfect. What would be the costs for other users like myself to use this mod? I'm particularly interested in the automated reminder system and suspending of unpaid accounts.

Jason
Quote Reply
Hi,

I can talk to them about dong the same as what they are doing for me on similar terms. They are from central europe and are in fact recoding the whole virtual hosting script to integrate with GM dtabase and offer automated virtual hosting on subdomain with cgi-bin access. They are giving USD 50 discount for 5 domain setup that they are working in my case. So that means for 5 domains with all things done I'll pay them 200 USD. You can mail me at anup@scorpioinformatics.com

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Anyone know what the tag is for inserting the creation date for a user?

Jason
Quote Reply
Is there a creation datestamp tag? No would be good, anything with an answer.

Jason
Quote Reply
Hello!

Do not know what you mean?

There is a column in the users table

>>> users_join_time

This is the creation date of a user, the same you see in the admin section.

I have not tried buut did you want this, and did you try to get it to the templates like <%users_join_time%>? Do not know if it works without globals or one needs to write one:
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] Creation datestamp tag? In reply to
<%users_join_time%> creates the linux datestamp? ie a series of numbers. Is there any way to parse this in templates so it's readable to the end user, eg 11 Nov 2002?

Jason