Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Cannot upgrade an existing 2.0.0 >>> 2.0.1

Quote Reply
Cannot upgrade an existing 2.0.0 >>> 2.0.1
Hello Alex!

I had difficulties in upgrading.

I gave templates > skip and program files ovewrite. The existing installation stoped working and came a display, disabled.html not found. I copies it and then came services are down.

I had to then downgrade.

By validating from admin, it gave an error that it cannot find eml.

Quote Reply
Re: Cannot upgrade an existing 2.0.0 >>> 2.0.1 In reply to
Alex and the team said they fixed a lot of the bugs in the templates. That makes me think I would need to overwrite the existing templates? I read through the Upgrade file in the tar.gz but it doesn't look like it has been updated for the new version. Try to overwrite the templates and see what happens. Make a back-up of your current templates though in case you need to revert back to 2.0.0.

Regards,
Charlie

Quote Reply
I'd like more details also regarding the process of upgrading. We are running a site with 30,000 accounts...over 300,000 active messages.

I saw something about changing to a triple hash for the message store? Does this require an upgrade process for our current message store? What is the process for upgrading?

Cheers,
-kevin

Kevin Patch
Anaconda Partners
www.anaconda.net
Quote Reply
Hello!

Oh, thanks for your suggestion.

Bugs in the template? I never came to thjis idea! That means different calls necessary to work with the new subroutines or whatever.

I will have a look. May be you are correct. Looks like.

Quote Reply
Hello!

After going through a painful excercise of trying to find out which templates I need to substitute I have invested six hours and the time passes by very quickly. I am not able to.

After installing a test installation and having learned a lesson of not to trust once again the installation process of GT, I am not able to get a damn list of templates which I need to substitute.

First I had to install 2.0.0 and then overwrite the custom default templates. Then the upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 does not create a back up and is always unzipping eventhough I click the backup option. Sometimes it does the part backup and then dies.

I am kind of tired of this and require better upgrade instructions.

I need to do this update because the earlier version of 2.0.0 is so buggy that it irritates me a lot everytime.

Quote Reply
Hello Alex!

I need to say that the new features are helpful and great but has triggered me to hell.

The new feature

+ New admin option in Setup->Misc that lets

is set to default yes!!!

This was the problem.

One simple click and everything would be fine.

I do beleive that if the default is set to no, I would have saved my precious fifteen hours instead of throwing my time into garbage.

Quote Reply
Or if default needs to be set to yes for logical reason, please include a warning either after installation immediately for the admin to recognise or give an option before hand to have it yes or no.

Or atleast include the warning in the upgrade info file so that no one else in the future, a novice or a new purchaser have to undergo a painful excercise like I had to.

thanks