Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Bug: Deletion of message skips order

Quote Reply
Bug: Deletion of message skips order
From one of our customers:
"When i delete a piece of mail, Your system should go to the next piece of mail. Instead, it skips the next piece of mail. To illustrate, if i delete the first piece of mail, it deletes that message and then presents me with what is *now* the second message on the list. However, that skips over the message that *was* second prior to the deletion and which now is in the first position."
I tried it, and yes, the sorting of when deleting at the "message view" level messes up the ordering of the next message. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Diversity by Design
Quote Reply
Re: [diversity] Bug: Deletion of message skips order In reply to
Interesting... I tried it and it does indeed to it. I'll take a look into it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Bug: Deletion of message skips order In reply to
Looks like it's a template issue. If you take a look at msgs_body.htm (the one which displays email), and search for the HTML which produces the delete button (search for "Delete"); you'll see something like:
Code:
<input type="submit" name="do=messages-delete_message;msgtrack_id=<%msgtrack_id%><%if msgtrack_nextid%>;msgtrack_nextid=<%msgtrack_nextid%><%endif%>" value="Delete">
If you change the value of msgtrack_nextid=... to <%msgtrack_pos%>, that will fix it. So you'll have something like:
Code:
<input type="submit" name="do=messages-delete_message;msgtrack_id=<%msgtrack_id%><%if msgtrack_nextid%>;msgtrack_nextid=<%msgtrack_pos%><%endif%>" value="Delete">
You'll want to do the same with the Move message to folder button as well.

Adrian