Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Bounce Email ... Problems

Quote Reply
Bounce Email ... Problems
If Send AS HTML is selected then the text version of the Bounced email shows following:

Hi,

This is the program.

Regarding your message entitled: 'no subject'

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to ''.I wasn't able to determine who it was
addressed to.

Reason: .

The full headers are below. Sorry it didn't work out!

The message preiview also shows the same thing.

The HTML Version Of the Recd Bounced Message Is Showing Correct Details (except for the <%header%> at the end which is all non formatted and appears in continuous format).

[edit]

Also The Original Message Is Not Attached Though The Option Is Selected [/edit]

Could This Be resolved?.

anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Dec 20, 2003, 11:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Bounce Email ... Problems In reply to
In addition to the problem noted above, the date of Bounce Message Recd is the date on which the Bounce message was edited. The problem is that i can't find the bounce.eml in /templates/<%t%>/local directory and really do not know how to get rid of that date which possibly is being introduced just as in case of Welcome Email editing.

As stated earlier, the original message is also not attached (though it is selected to be so while editing the bounce message).

I am clueless....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Bounce Email ... Problems In reply to
In Reply To:
The problem is that i can't find the bounce.eml in /templates/<%t%>/local directory ...

This looks like a bug/feature in the admin templates if you compare the setup_email_out_bounce.html with the other setup_email_out_....html templates.

Attached is a patch and what I think might be a corrected template.

Can't help ya with the rest though.

~Charlie

Last edited by:

Chaz: Jan 3, 2004, 2:38 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Bounce Email ... Problems In reply to
Thnx .The bounce.eml is in the "Default" template set set by admin. But im still unsure of how to get the discrepancy between preview of html bounce which does not show actually what is there.

That change helped me to locate where the edited bounce.eml was being saved but the date issue still remains. Possibly it is bug similar to what happens in the welcome.eml where the date (edit date) is inserted on saving the same.

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Bounce Email ... Problems In reply to
I took a closer look at this and how it was previously was correct (ie. the updated template is NOT necessary). This is because outgoing.pl will always use the default template's bounce email. This email should be a generic text only email (I think I may remove the HTML editor from this particular template for future versions).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Bounce Email ... Problems In reply to
Hi Adrian,

That makes sense. With the hidden form field in there you will always be editing the correct template. I guess I was looking at it from a consistency standpoint. I usually edit the mail templates for all sets at the same time so I can keep it fairly consistent. If I go into the admin and change the default template (which I have yet to do after I originally set it) I'll most likely forget to go back and edit the bounce mail template. It's not that critical really, I don't think I have changed the bounce template anyhow.

And HTML is definitely not a good thing in a bounce mails. In fact, HTML should be banned from use in all e-mail. It's arguably the root of all evil in mail clients :)

Thanks,
Charlie