Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Beta 4 - User/Folders Potential Bug?

Quote Reply
Beta 4 - User/Folders Potential Bug?
Hi,

When logged in as a user and editing your folders, the user is able to set the 'Messages Per Page' setting to 0 for a particular folder - which logically you'd think would then display no messages when you look in that folder.

Instead it displays a lot of messages - I'm not sure what the default is (of if there is one?) but I've currently got it up to 20 messages and it hasn't spanned a page yet.

I'm not sure if this should have some sort of fallback number to limit the messages per page, or perhaps it should do a check to make sure the user enters a number above 0.

What do you think?

Cheers
R.

Quote Reply
Re: Beta 4 - User/Folders Potential Bug? In reply to
Hi,

Entering zero is a way for the user to say "Do not page". Not sure if this is expected behavior, but I thought displaying no messages wouldn't make since..

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Reply
Ahh ok,

So the user can opt out of spanning altogether.

I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing though - if a novice user enters 0 and they've got a high number of messages in their inbox (and/or they're on a modem) it could potentially cause some very long download times... and they'll 'usually' turn around and blame the system for being slow.

What do you think?

regan.

Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes I see your concern and agree (I am used to a fast connection :)). I'll change it to revert to the default messages per page (25).

Cheers,

Scott