Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Beta 4 - Language Globals Question?

Quote Reply
Beta 4 - Language Globals Question?
Hi,

When adding a new global variable to the languages section, if you click into a current setting such as 'ADDR (4)' for example and add your own variable to it, it comes up as a seperate listing in the languages list. This also happens when you add a new one to any of the lists.

Is that the way it's working now or is something going wrong? I'm sure in previous betas it just added it to the existing list?

Cheers
Regan.

Quote Reply
Re: Beta 4 - Language Globals Question? In reply to
Hi,

The language vars are sorted by the prefix. So if you have 2 vars with a prefix USER_ you will end up with a link in that section USER(3). Maybe this is a bit confusing and we should add the prefix to whatever you type in on a particular subset and have a field on the main screen to add a new column. I'll look into it.
I'm pretty sure it has been like this all along.

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Reply
Re: Beta 4 - Language Globals Question? In reply to
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the explanation. Yip, I noticed the vars were sorted by prefix - it was just a bit confusing that you have an 'add' area under each current section, but it doesn't get added to that section. Not a major though, it seems to work fine. Your suggestion to include an add field seperately, and also the add the prefix to those under that particular listing sounds good.

Cheers
R.