Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Beta 4 - Compose Text Error Checking?

Quote Reply
Beta 4 - Compose Text Error Checking?
Hi,

In the users 'Compose Text Format' page there's an option where the user can enter in a Line Wrap number, but it doesn't currently do any error checking to make sure what they've entered is actually a number and not a letter.

I'm not sure if this actually gets used as an html variable anywhere, but if it is and contains a letter it could screw things up a bit without the error checking.

Cheers
R.

Quote Reply
Re: Beta 4 - Compose Text Error Checking? In reply to
Alex or GT staff will have to confirm this, but I believe that sets the number of characters to wrap text on each line. I am sure some regexp could be added in the script to make sure that a number is typed in rather than other characters. Or simply adding a drop-down select menu rather than a textbox would alleviate this problem, I believe.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Beta 4 - Compose Text Error Checking? In reply to
Hi,

The value is checked before it is inserted in the user preferece. The problem is it is never deleted from the form input so after you save your changes it apears that the value you set has been saved. This is a bug and I will fix it now.
If you leave that page and come back to it you will see the field has the default 100 in it.

Cheers,

Scott