Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Backing up webmail files to your PC?

Quote Reply
Backing up webmail files to your PC?
Does anyone do this? Can anyone recommend software for making incremental backups? It'd be nice to have a program I can run in the background and run once in a while (more so since my host dropped the ball with his backups, but it wasn't major fortunately). The database will be a little trickier, but I can always make a dump of that. It's just having all the other data on my PC in a format that I could restore with all the permissions in tact if this is possible. It also has the advantage I can burn to CD for extra peace of mind.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Backing up webmail files to your PC? In reply to
Why not backup to some other DC offering remote backup services. You can find quite a few offering 100GB storage for 25$/Mo and they are reliable indeed (we've been using this). I presume you are on your own dedicated box while i say this as it would need cetain additions/installations (in case you do not have them already) which the DC providing remote backup services would do it gladly for you FOC.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
if you're on a Mac server - PSync.

r
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Backing up webmail files to your PC? In reply to
I do have another account with another host which would be suitable for server to server transfers. I think I used rsync last time I needed to transfer files, but that wasn't for backup purposes. Maybe there's some utility for Linux.

Jason
Quote Reply
You could also look for something like:

http://ribs-backup.org/index.php?cat=13
http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 21, 2006, 4:19 PM