Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Auto Reply -- Attachments Bug

Quote Reply
Auto Reply -- Attachments Bug
Hi,

In Auto Reply, uploaded two attachments. Then deleted one following happens:
  • Both the attachment gets deleted from server.
  • The attachments (both) still show in the attachment list.
  • The Message says .... x1, x2 attachments deleted Cannot Locate The Attachments

This display of attachments never goes off from the Attachment List.

I had tried Charlie's suggestion ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...Auto%20reply;#151718 ) but that failed to delete the message from the server and also the list.

What needs to be done?

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Auto Reply -- Attachments Bug In reply to
Open up the options_areply.htm and options_areply_html.htm templates and change the delete button code to be:
Code:
<input type="submit" name="do=options-autoreply-save;do=email-attach-delete;page=options_areply.htm" value="Delete">
What's changed is the order of the do's.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Auto Reply -- Attachments Bug In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Thnx it worked. However, on the server the directory under which these attachments were does not get deleted when the attachments are removed, though the attachments are deleted. Is this normal?

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Auto Reply -- Attachments Bug In reply to
Are you talking about the temporary uploads? The attachments are stored in the .reply email itself, so deleting them from the user side will remove them from that file. The temporary attachments on the other hand are cleaned up periodically.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Auto Reply -- Attachments Bug In reply to
Hi Adrian,

I saw creation of directories in upload (user account) and the attachment files there. When i delete the attachments, the same are deleted but not the directory under whch they were saved. (/data/user/.../.../upload/dfgvcfsg.../image.gif)

The .reply is seen to have it only if save is pressed after uploading. In any case however, deleting the attachments does not delete the created directory under which the attachment was there.

Anup