Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Address Book Functionality IN GM

Quote Reply
Address Book Functionality IN GM
Hi,

I am sure following would definitely offer more functional utility to the Address Book part of GM:

While Composing Message the To: CC: and BCC: has provision of Click & Select address (multiple) from address Book to the respective portions so that typos are eliminated while typing email addresses and also saves time for frequently mailed addresses.

Right now Send email feature of Address Book does not have the provision of "Multiple Select" . Shouldn't this be included as a standard feature of GM.

Just a suggestion. Something Similar to the everyone.net address book utility.

Also if a mail is sent by not taking addresses from the Addresses book, then the Mail Sent message should have check box type of selection to include the addresses in the Address Book (Something Like HotMail).

Is this planned??

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Address Book Functionality IN GM In reply to
The selection in portion in the Address book is actually all Javascript, so if you know Javascript, you can change it to work how you like. I unfortunately don't know any Javascript, but that's those are some useful ideas (I've wanted to select multiple users at times too), so I'll look into this for a future release.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Address Book Functionality IN GM In reply to
On the subject of Address Book modifications and upgrades... We use GMail in a corportate invironment, and I have been asked several times for a global addressbook/employee directory. How hard would it be to implement?

-Jase
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Address Book Functionality IN GM In reply to
Hi Adrian,

While on this issue, then in forthcoming release I think the possibility of having "Groups" or user defined categories of addresses to be defined.

More over, while on inclusion of addresses from the address book, is it possible that there is a case of mail to all and mails are then sent independently to each user instead of having multiple To: and CC: so that the recepient just believes its a mail sent to him and not Spam sort of!!!

Thnx

Anup