Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Additional Feature request For GM 2.1

Quote Reply
Additional Feature request For GM 2.1
Hi Alex,

If already not planned to be included, then following can be considered as feature request for GM in addition to the one already posted:
  1. Emot Icons for the HTML mode of mails. This feature would not be very cumbersome to implement given that this feature is there on forum compose is almost a replica of the forum post ....this may not have much of utility but it takes GM a step closer to Hotmail.
  2. Mail Status (Delivery/ Read/ None radio buttons): This should primarily be in letting the user know that the recepient has opened the mail. Basically its a paralle of any greeting cards site where the sender gets a notification when the card is opened. this may be a time taking activity. This feature would take a step ahead of Hotmail or Yahoo or for that matter @mail. This feature seems to be there on VisualMail but does not seem to work... Not in the demo mode at least Wink
  3. Framed Templates: (top, left and main one set) with majority of buttons replaced with xp type icons. More over, the left column which at present looks largely unutilized should be utilized to include the links under "Options" and the Options Link completely eliminated. This would also save a click to achieve the desired objective (like signature.. filter... pop account etc). The template color combination should be a deviation from the green color so luxuriously taken for all templates.
  4. And for future release an integrated Instant Messanger to take it really close to Hotmail or Yahoo type of Webmail service from feature list pow. Actually there is one from WorldWideCreations.com @$79 but that would not be compatible with GM. And the best would be with WAP Support for messaging (SMS to email and email to mobile messaging).
  5. Message Preview feature before sending the mail. this is there on Forum but is not there on GM..

Probably I may be Wishing for too much but its just that the Wishlist was on a trip to Utopian World...Wink

Thnx

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Mar 31, 2002, 3:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. We definately plan on adding something like this in (as we will update the program to use the new html editor).

2. "Read Receipts" as they are called are not reliable (i.e. users can decide whether or not to acknowledge that they have read the message). It could definately be useful to add in though.

3. This could be done by a good html designer. It's just a matter of framing up the templates. You can go to webmail.cgi?page=anytemplate to display that template.

4. We are definately looking at building an instant messanger that will integrate across all our products. It's still a ways away though.

5. Yes, this would be useful.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Post deleted by anup123 In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
Hi,

>2. "Read Receipts" as they are called are not reliable (i.e. users can decide whether or not to acknowledge that they have read the message). It could definately be useful to add in though.
>

Just saw an addon to Outlook Express at Webattack Now everyone may not prefer to use Outlook Exp for reasons noted in one of my Earlier Posts.

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
May be a feature allow user to move the current emails from yahoo or hotmail account.....
Quote Reply
Re: [iwod] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
In Reply To:
May be a feature allow user to move the current emails from yahoo or hotmail account.....

I like this idea!!!

A way for new or current users to retrieve all of their mail from either yahoo or hotmail and have it relocated into their gossamer mail account. I know I've had a few move from Yahoo and HM, so this would be an added cherry if it was possible for those who are thinking about it.

Is it feasible?

r.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Apr 8, 2002, 11:05 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
If you had pop3 access you could. I think yahoo, you can get pop3. With hotmail on the other hand, there's no pop3. Outlook express accesses hotmail remotely via some http process. I'm not sure if the way they do that is open to the public. Something to look into?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I like this idea!!!

A way for new or current users to retrieve all of their mail from either yahoo or hotmail and have it relocated into their gossamer mail account. I know I've had a few move from Yahoo and HM, so this would be an added cherry if it was possible for those who are thinking about it.

Is it feasible?

r.
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Additional Feature request For GM 2.1 In reply to
Yes, with yahoo if you agree to receive special offers in your email, you can get pop access and I've tried setting up a yahoo account with pop and it works. Hotmail on the other hand isn't pop but here's a program that can retrieve mail from hotmail like OE does:
http://www.hawkins.emu.id.au/gotmail/
Maybe someone's ambitious enough to give it a go building a plugin, it would be a great feature. I did note however that someone posted on a FreeBSD list a little while back about the program stopped working and I didn't notice a reply so there might be a bit of work to see what might have broke it, if it is really broke.

The hotmail checking would be a great selling feature if it were standard in the program.