Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

About the templates and the upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1

Quote Reply
About the templates and the upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1
I just upgraded from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1. However, I am not sure about what to do with the templates.

In other words, do I really need to change the ones I have right now?

Are there any new code in the templates that make it necessary for me to move to the new ones or can I keep my old ones? And if I do need to use the new templates, can you point me to ONLY those templates that need to be upgraded?

Also: I had heard that a banning module had been implemented in version 2.1.1. Where is this and how do we get to implement this?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] About the templates and the upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 In reply to
I found the IP/HOst ban module, but then I ask myself, how do I know the IP a user signed up with in the first place? For me to ban a user, I need to record their IP at sign up, or at least the IP recorded during their last login.

How can this be done?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
No answer?

I need to know how the banning can occur if Gossamer does not collect login information.

Or, do I need to apply the new templates in order for this to work?

In other words, are there:

- New admin templates in Gossamer mail that display the IP/Host with which someone signed up with?

- Is there a template that displays all the IP/Hosts that someone has logged in with?

- Is there a template that records IP/Hosts during User sign Up process?

All of these would be good if any banning is to be effective.

Better yet, not only do IPs need to be collected at both Sign Up and login time, there should be a way for simply banning a user by clicking on a ban this user link that will ban the user by using all the banning options (IP, hostname, etc.)

THanks.
Quote Reply
I just cannot believe that these messages have remained without a single answer.

This is a shameful support service.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
In other words, do I really need to change the ones I have right now?
no, you don't have to, 2.1 templates will work fine with 2.1.1, but you won't be able to use some of the new features added in 2.1.1.

In Reply To:
And if I do need to use the new templates, can you point me to ONLY those templates that need to be upgraded?
I'll try to make some template diffs like Jason has done with Gossamer Forum tomorrow.

In Reply To:
Also: I had heard that a banning module had been implemented in version 2.1.1. Where is this and how do we get to implement this?
It's in the admin: setup => user options => banned ip/hosts

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I found the IP/HOst ban module, but then I ask myself, how do I know the IP a user signed up with in the first place? For me to ban a user, I need to record their IP at sign up, or at least the IP recorded during their last login.

You're right about that. Looks like we'll have to add the IP logging somewhere. Currently, you'll have to go through your webserver logs to find the user's ip.

Adrian