Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

24 hour timezone

Quote Reply
24 hour timezone
Iīm having problems with dates on the message list. I changed the date to contain . (dot) after the day and removed the / between dates, but it doesnīt change.

I see that it migth be that it is due to format saved in the users pref, but I canīt find any format string that contains exactly that date there either..
Quote Reply
Re: [areh] 24 hour timezone In reply to
The dates on the user side are mainly controlled by where they are in the templates (include_msgs_list.htm in the case of the message list). The transform_date global does the work on that.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 24 hour timezone In reply to
For some reason, the change in the template for include_msg_list.html dosnīt change it. I think it is maybe because user can override the message date format in admin area, so it really doesnīt do anything. I have also edited the users pref file, and got it to work for a while, but.. Iīll look more on it later...
Quote Reply
Oh, sorry about that. I took another look at it and yes, the user's format does override it. You can allow your users to choose other formats by changing the formats in the options_display.htm template.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 24 hour timezone In reply to
Hmm.. all mail is getting the date of the last mail recieved. How may I solve this?
Quote Reply
You must have gotten the format wrong, or you have changed the user format in the admin.

Adrian