Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem?

Quote Reply
2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem?
Hi,

I have one user that is not getting a copy of outgoing mail stored in the "sent" folder. I have tested it on another account and it is working fine.

Is there a bug of any sort that anyone there at GT knows about which might cause this?

Thanks,

R.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] 2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem? In reply to
Usually when email's seem to dissappear from a user's folder, it's usually because they have threading enabled on that folder. Check to see if they have threading enabled on that folder and if so, turn it off.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem? In reply to
hmmmm... nope, that didn't work. They didn't have it on so I turned it on and off and sent another message from the account - no copy put in the sent box.

any other ideas?

r
Quote Reply
And (on 2.1.0) I have an account where mails randomly land into Trash Folder. Although same mail from same source (incidently a site running GT Auto Responder) to another GM account runs perfect. The only difference between the two accounts being that the 'abnormal landing' one has got 25 messages per page and the 'normal' landing one's have 15. No Filters, etc have been defined in the 'abnormal' landing account.

Anup
Quote Reply
hi adrian,

can you shed any more light on this... here are the symptoms..

1. All outgoing email works fine.
2. No incoming email being received.
3. No outgoing copy saved in the "sent" folder.

There doesn't seem to be any spam filters or normal filters set up that might be causing a problem. I have tested other accounts and they are working fine.

Any ideas???

regan.
Quote Reply
Is the user over their "Space Allowed" quota, perhaps?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] 2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem? In reply to
nope...

space allowed = 5243000.00
space used = 3286489.00

all ok there?

r
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] 2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem? In reply to
Hi Jason/Adrian,

Possibly i think there is a clue:

I have the save to sent folder set to ON.

I send a message in txt mode.

I paste html code and send the message.

The recepient recieves the message but the message does not get saved in sent folder. So if html code is being sent (plain html code btw ... no script etc) in txt mode, the message doesn't get saved in the sent folder....

Is this a bug?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] 2.0.2 Copy To Sent Folder Problem? In reply to
I tried doing that, and it saved to the sent folder fine.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

OK. I was testing all this from an account where there is a problem of messages landing randomly in trash folder (incoming). So even with the saved messages the messages were landing in trash folder. When I checked from other account it was fine.

I cannot delete this account and resignup as it has got important mails. Why could this happen that mails land in trash folder randomly. There are no filters setup at all for this troubled account.

Anup