Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer List : Discussion :

Multiple SMTP-Server?

Quote Reply
Multiple SMTP-Server?

Hello,

do you think about multiple SMTP-Servers for the delivery in the future? With one SMTP-Sever the delivery takes a lot of time if you have a list with more than 500.000 users... Any other solutions?

Flasi
Quote Reply
Re: [flasi] Multiple SMTP-Server? In reply to
Hi,

This can, and really should, be implemented on the mail server level. For instance, with qmail, you can use smtproutes to route mail to different servers for delivery.

If you need help configuring this, or are interested in setting up hosting which will support this, please let me know.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [flasi] Multiple SMTP-Server? In reply to
Solid state devices :) See my comments in the pre-sales area. It's expensive, but setting up a mail server with a RAM disk is cheap. For outgoing "list" mail, the risks are minimal. (The difference between a solid-state device and a ram disk is that the solid state device is it's not volitile in a crash, while a ram disk is).

Just a suggestion.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Multiple SMTP-Server? In reply to
Yes, but you don't want to put a mail queue on a ramdisk, that's a bad idea. Also, the cost of a solid state device would not outweigh the benefits or increase the performance of a multi server setup with fast disks.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.