Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer List : Discussion :

Checking bounced

Quote Reply
Checking bounced

When checking for bounced emails, it logs you out once you have click on check (ie filled in the bounced email address and password.

Is this supposed to happen?

You dont actually see the result but have to log back in again.

A 2nd thing. When you then go to see users who have been bounced, click on remove bounced you get the list of all bounced users. You can select the first 15 or so users and delete them. But then it actually sends you back to the complete list of all users / subscribers, and if you dont think twice about it you proceed (like I did) to continue removing subscribers thinking that they too have been bounced... But no, they are normal users. You actually have to click again on remove bounced users to see -so to speak- the 2nd page or bounced users.. ie the next 15 users or so. Would it not make more sense to only see bounced users rather than being reverted back to all users if you still have left bounced users to remove?

Hope my explenation isnt to confusing!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] Checking bounced In reply to
In Reply To:
When checking for bounced emails, it logs you out once you have click on check (ie filled in the bounced email address and password.[/quote]
If you can send me the telnet or ssh access info, I will have a closer look.

In Reply To:
A 2nd thing. When you then go[/quote]Follow the instruction below to change the way it works:

- Add the <input type="hidden" name="unbounced_form" value="1" /> to lst_unsub_bounced.html template
- Change the code around line #390 within List.pm to:

Code:
if ($do =~ /^\d+$/ and ($do == 3 or ($do == 1 and $IN->param('unbounced_form')))) { # Reset bounced emails
return lst_unsub_bounced($msg);
}

Hope that helps.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Checking bounced In reply to
When i click to check bounce emails i get this error:
An error occured while logging in: PASS POP Login failed: -ERR [AUTH] Password supplied for "list@mydomainname.com" is incorrect.

I know the email address is correct and I know the password is correct because i just logged into the account with it. The port is the defualt 110.
The email address matches the one in the "Bounce Email" field in the Account menu. The password matches as well.

Is there anything else i should be doing?

Thanks,
Anthony