Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
search.cgi
I haven't had any trouble with the search unitl now.

Every search I try, I get an error no matching links

exmaple

http://www.shoplinks.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?mh=25&query=jeans&location=Melbourne

Clearly I have a listing which has jeans and Melbourne in it.

http://www.shoplinks.com.au/Clothing

It was working fine until about 5 minutes ago and I haven't changed a thing. I was getting a software error then resync the links and category tables. Is there something I haven't done or something I have done to stop the search from working properlly.

Thanks
Jason
Quote Reply
Re: search.cgi In reply to
I'm not completely sure, but the resync sets
all the Index Weights to 0. Then when
searching none of the fields in the database
has a weight and no links will be found.

[This message has been edited by Martin Kjeldsen (edited March 10, 2000).]
Quote Reply
I've dropped the tables in the database recreated them. Created the .defs. Added the location and product fields to the link table. Added the category and listing againg but it still doesn't find anything. I have the fields weighted so that shouldn't be a problem and I haven't changed any files. Rather strange and I am getting a software error aswell now with the location field.
Quote Reply
the search-ni.cgi works fine and displays the results the way they are expected. I still don't see why search.cgi doesnt work.

Any ideas Alex

Thanks
Jason

Quote Reply
Jason,

You didn't mention that you had done a Re-Index from within admin. Did you?

search-ni.cgi means do a non-indexed searched, so it's looks directly at the Links table instead of the index table. Much slower than search.cgi on large tables.

It sounds like you haven't clicked on Re-Index from within admin.cgi.

Peace.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Do a re-index like Kyle suggested, then if still nothing, try a search without the location=... on it and see if that works. If you are still having problems send me an email. =)

Cheers,

Alex