Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

problem with import with new line in field

Quote Reply
problem with import with new line in field
Hello all,

I have a exported file with delimiter | and wanna import in sqllinks.

In some fields i have a enter/next line. If i try to import it in editor.cgi it goes wrong because 1 record have to be on 1 line. Also i can't import it in mysqlman.

How to get arround with enter/next lines in a field ? I really need that enter/next line in that field, so deleting it will not help.

Allready thanks...

Regards Startpoint.

Quote Reply
Re: problem with import with new line in field In reply to
I'm assuming this is for the category description, if so have you tried replacing the newline with the HTML line break - < b r > ?

Try it on a couple of categories, it might do what you want.

All the best
Shaun

Quote Reply
Re: problem with import with new line in field In reply to
Thanks for the reply qango!

In Reply To:
I'm assuming this is for the category description, if so have you tried replacing the newline with the HTML line break - < b r > ?
No, it's a file too import it in the Links table. And 2 fields in Links table have sometimes a new line in it. That 2 fields are TEXT/BLOB fields in Links.

But because if you use import from editor.cgi it all have to be on 1 line and there is my problem. I figure out that if you change new line with sign ~~ it's ok.

But which program to use to change in a field (not the whole file) the new line character to ~~ ? I have the database in MS ACCESS 2000. Maybe i can search for [Hrt] and replace it with ~~. Haven't tested that yet.

Or are there other possible ways ?

Regards Startpoint.