Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

no email notification

Quote Reply
no email notification
I changed to a new ISP and reinstalled LinksSQL. Everything works fine (thanks to pugdog and the hint with mysqlman), except for I am not notified when a link is added. Even if I accept this links (validate), no email is sent. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Quote Reply
Re: no email notification In reply to
Your SENDMAIL path is DIFFERENT in your new server. You need to change the SENDMAIL path in the Links.pm file in order the emails to be sent via Links applications.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot! But I changed the sendmail path, it has to be something else. Any ideas?

Quote Reply
Uh...the SENDMAIL path controls how the mail is sent, which Mailer.pm uses. So, there really is nothing else. Check again.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
This is something I don't know. I've installed links 10x (or more) on the same server, and none of the sites notifies me of additions. All of a sudden, one site started to, and I can't figure out what is different about it than all the others. All the paths, settings, and everything is the same.

I know my sendmail works, since 90% of our traffic ends up in sending something.

This is one of those phantom things I have never been able to figure out.

I installed 5 sites all with the same defaults, all from the same "generic" default site, (except for the paths to the files) and one of them sends mail, the others don't.

If you figure it out, I'd love to know!

One thing... check to see if you are getting any dead letters, or bounced mail. Maybe that will tell you something.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Thanks pugdog!

I didn't yet figure out why LinksSQL is not sending emails. All paths are correct, even my other scripts send emails (guestbook, bbs...). May it have to do with the templates? Do you have to chmod them in any way? I don't think so but maybe?

Quote Reply
Have you customized the templates in anyway?

Check that on the add.html and add_success pages the submit button looks like this:

<input type="submit" name="add" value="Add Resource">

...and not just:

<input type="submit" value="Add Resource">

....like in Links2

Thanks
Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
Yes, the templates are ok. I have installed LinksSQL on another server and it all worked all right. But as I changed my server, the email notification does not work, allthough I changed the sendmail path. But thanks for your help.