Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

mysql in one server, site on the other: problem!

Quote Reply
mysql in one server, site on the other: problem!
Because of traffic overload, I am splitting up the whole site into two servers: one with the database (mysql server), and one with the pages and the apache server. (all the .def files are correctly configured).

I have all the files in the new server, and ran setup.cgi with the info of the databases on the other server, and everything works fine except for search.cgi (builds all pages correctly, the admin works great, etc.)

I believe the problem is when indexing, since when I run nph-index.cgi, the whole process finishes in 0 seconds! which is of course, wrong, since we have over 5000 links and it always takes a while.

Also, when searching for a record in the administraton pages, that search works great. So it would be my guess that the problem resides in the indexing process.

I also get an error when executing nph-build.cgi from the browser, which follows:
Code:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Line 1, Position 1

Server: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25
^
This is not a BIG problem for now, since I can execute it from telnet and it works fine there.

When trying to re-index, this is what I get:

Code:
Indexing 5550 links. Started at Mon Apr 2 13:25:45 2001

Indexing 86 Categories. Started at Mon Apr 2 13:25:45 2001

Done (0 s)
I would greatly appreciate any help with this asap.

Thank you!

Quote Reply
Re: mysql in one server, site on the other: proble In reply to
Your indexing problem could be happening if you have 0 as the index weight for the different fields for your links - ie. title, description etc.

I did a re-install and forgot I needed to update these. Might pay to check those if you already haven't.

Cheers
Regan.