Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

What's Cool definition

Quote Reply
What's Cool definition
Just wondering how Links SQL decides "What's Cool". Is the default method based on hits? It's just that I've added about 15 sample links to my database, set the hits for one of the links to 3000, performed a re-build and the link is not being shown as cool... am I doing something wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: What's Cool definition In reply to
Make sure the link really has 3000 hits.

If you did it right, you should see the link as the "cool" link, since no matter how the default is figured -- it's in the top of the links category, it has more than any other links hits, etc.

Quote Reply
The link definately has 3000 hits to its name. It does not show up in the "What's Cool" page, nor with the small "Cool!" text next to it in a search listing. Is there any other criteria it checks other than just the hits?
Quote Reply
Do you have the "what's cool" set to be an absolute number or a ratio? If you use a ratio it might be rounding down, picking '0' links. If you set a hard cut off, it should find the links.

make:
$LINKS{build_pop_cutoff} = 20;

An integer if it's not.

see if that makes a difference.

The only other thing I can think of is that your HTML code is hiding the links, which is why I want to see the pages....

Quote Reply
It works! Thanks very much Mr. Pugdog, you were right, I had it set to a small ratio.