Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Search options

Quote Reply
Search options
Hello,

I would like to put something like this in my site (using links SQL)

Name :
Street :
Zip Code :
State :
Phone :

SEARCH

So, the user can either enter a name, or a street or a phone number, ... and the program has to search in the corresponding fields. Now in the search function the is one input field, called query. In my example i would need more than one serach field.
Is this possible and how do i do this. I have beel looking around everywhere but i can't anything about it.
Thanks very much for your help.

Etienne
Quote Reply
Re: Search options In reply to
This would require a bit of modification. I believe some solutions were posted in reference to allowing a search for City or area in Australia.

I will be adding something like this in to my site, but not until the next release of Links is out. There promise (Alex has said) there will be major changes to the search implementation (hopefully in this release).

I will hopefully have a general mod that will allow you to search on a whole series of defined checkbox fields -- and ONLY those fiels -- so a use can't pass in any bogus data and kill your CPU.

If you can wait, I've put all major development on hold til the next release, since it's so close, and will have so many changes. Some of what people are asking for may already be incorporated.

BTW: I have no "secret" knowledge of what is coming, but I remember everything Alex has said or hinted at, and knows needs to be fixed.

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/