Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

SQL Problems....

Quote Reply
SQL Problems....
Hi guys,

We are having a few probs with our SQL setup, any advice on the following matters would be greatly appreciated ...

a) When searching SQL for a common word e.g. "free" we get the error "Too Many" Is there anyway to get rid of this , obviously we have a very large database of links.

b) We are getting "Internal Server Errors" for jump.cgi add.cgi and modify.cgi , i have checked permissions, set up within links.pm , any other suggestions ?

Any help with the above matters would be hugely appreciated,

Thankyou,

John

Quote Reply
Re: SQL Problems.... In reply to
1) I do not really know the answer to this...may be pugdog or others will be able to answer this for you. It is my understanding that the $filter variable during the indexing process would have to be edited in the DBSQL.pm module. However, don't quote me. I did check out pugdog's FAQ site and searched this forum to no avail. It would be nice to customize the filter process, so that you can choose what common words you want to block. I was able to do this with Links 2.0 using the Mod Bmxer wrote, and I may be able to integrate it into Links SQL, but I have just started playing around with the index and search processes of Links SQL.

2) Most likely you have not configured the following variable correctly:

Code:

use lib 'admin';

in the .cgi files you having problems with.

If you are using a different directory structure, then you will need to change admin to the directory where your modules (.pm) files are located. OR you could simply use:

Code:

use lib '..';

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot,

We are working on those issues above, you advice is greatly appreciated, We are also having a few errors with category spacing, i.e. we would like to make the categories bullet points , we think we have sussed it but if anyone could confirm it we would be greatfull, this is our code

Code:
<ul>
<li><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong><a class="link" href="<%URL%>"><font size="2"><%Short_Name%></font></a></strong>
<font size="2"><small><class="numlinks"></small></font><small><font size="1">(<%Number_of_Links%>)</font></small>
<%if Has_New_Links eq 'Yes'%><small><sup class="new"><font size="1" color="#6699FF">new</font></sup></small><%endif%>
<%if Has_Changed_Links eq 'Yes'%><small><sup class="new"><font size="1" color="#FFCC33">update</font></sup></small><%endif%>
</font> </li></ul>
This does not remove the spacing, i have a few ideas but a build takes so long that i would like it confirmed before we push forward,

Yout help and advice is appreciated,

John

Quote Reply
If you are using the CSS file, then you have to edit the associated class codes in the CSS file. My suggestion is to NOT use the CSS codes, since at this time, they are not universally supported in the major web browsers.

Simply add your own HTML codes in the subcategory.html file.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
thanks Eliot,

we do not use CSS , the caption we showed you above is the code we use in our html templates, what do we edit to remove the spacing ?

Quote Reply
Uh...I take it you do not know HTML very well. Tongue

1) Remove all the sup and class codes.
2) Then remove the <ul> codes and put them in the sub site_html_print_cat routine in the HTML_Templates.pm file.
3) Learn some HTML.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee