Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Running Import.pl

Quote Reply
Running Import.pl
Stupid question here. How to I run Import.pl from a telnet session? My brain is draining, so just looking a for a little help. Ive read the FAQ's concerning importing, any final comments regarding imports links and categories from 2.0 to SQL?

Thanks,

Sean

Quote Reply
Re: Running Import.pl In reply to
Code:

perl Import.pl > err.txt

as stated in the Import.pl towards the top of the file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Yeah, I found it when looking through the file.. I apologize for my stupidity.

Now at that I got almost everything working.. My next issue is with the yahoo subcategory mod. It's comes up with SUB1 instead of the actual subcategory. Why would it be doing this? Ive got the subcategories already there, i've searched on this issue but unable to locate the resolution.

Thanks,

Sean

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Now at that I got almost everything working.. My next issue is with the yahoo subcategory mod. It's comes up with SUB1 instead of the actual subcategory. Why would it be doing this? Ive got the subcategories already there, i've searched on this issue but unable to locate the resolution.
This has been discussed before...search for Subcategories Yahoo in the Links SQL Discussion Forum. Codes have been provided for earlier BETA versions, but do not work as written in Links SQL v1.11.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Eliot,

Now i've been looking over article:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/forum/showflat.pl?ubb=000163:Forum9

I've read widgetz message on 15-Oct-99 07:19 PM, that has the code the suppose to be put in for Yahoo Subcategories to work. But here's my issue:

(1) The lines that are suppose to be replaced:

$output .= qq|</dt>|;
$output .= qq|<dd><span class="descript">$description </span></dd>| if ($description !~ /^\s*$/sm); $output .= qq|</dl>|;

Do not exist in my HTML_Templates.pm (I had Links 1.11 installed). I've searched the file over and over, but nothing shows up. Now I did add the code under the # Print Header but that failed.

I read the last message by Jag, who seemed to be having the same problem. But there was never a post after that. I've read the other numerous threads dealing with this but no real answer. So, if I could know where the big chunk of code replaces then I should be fine.

Thanks,

Sean

Quote Reply
Did you even thoroughly read my reply? Wink

In Reply To:

Codes have been provided for earlier BETA versions, but do not work as written in Links SQL v1.11.

Guess not...Smile

Regards,

Eliot Lee