Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

installing DBD on Windows 2000

Quote Reply
installing DBD on Windows 2000
I did get the dbi module installed (no problem), but can I get the d&*$ed DBD module installed, NO CHANCE, I've tried VPM, PPM, Download and re-make it just will not have it

when running perl makefile.pl the stupid think complains it can not find a perl 5 in c:\perl\bin ...> that is crap there is an application perl.exe, perl5.00503.exe, Perl5.6.0.exe. how many more perl 5 apps does it need??

it then goes on to moan about a whole load of lib files it could not find (probably harmless) and goes on to write a makefile for DBD::mysql and msql-mysqlmodules.

Running nmake gives the following (Fatal) error:
'0' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
and bombs out ....> end of play.

vpm can only find dbd: dbc I have not found a way to point anywhere to get dbd::mysql

ppm can not find it either

Anyone for suggestions

Totally frustrated

Rudy
Quote Reply
Re: installing DBD on Windows 2000 In reply to
You probably should ask this on the perl/windows forum (what is that, ActiveState?)

The developers of perl and DBI are probably most qualified to help -- as are those who involved. That's not a Links question, it has to do with your Wn2000 and perl configurations.

Quote Reply
The problem is not so much 5.6, I'm sure, but that it hasn't been ported over yet to all platforms.

5.6 apparantly was tested more than any other release, but there is no way to have checked every possible install. And, the NT/2000 ports of perl are still incomplete and in development to some degree.

As I reported here a few weeks ago, I migrated from 5.005 to the 5.6 version without a glitch on Solaris 7.

Quote Reply
This has now been "resolved" the problem was not with Windows2000, but with Perl 5.6.
I went back to Perl 5.22 and all was well.

I have still no idea what the real problem was though, but who cares it works now.

By the way these sort of problems seem a feature on 5.6

Rudy