Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Share the same server?

Quote Reply
Share the same server?
It is true that Links SQL cannot share the same server with other applications? Can we run three Links SQL on the same server? Hope that this question is not too boring for you.

Quote Reply
Re: Share the same server? In reply to
Not necessarily true...but you would need three separate licenses to run three occurences of Links SQL...

Also, this question is better suited for the Pre Sales Forum...this forum is for questions about Links SQL v.1.3.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi, Eliot:

I already bought two copies of Links SQL. I have one copy of 2.3 running successfully on one server. I will install the second copy on another server. Both servers are small machines. Very soon I may buy the third copy. I remember someone mentioned that Links does not like to share the same machine with applications from other companies. I need to know if it is true. My workplace may want me to share Links with other applications on the same server to save money. What will happen if I do it? Should I go to pre-sale for this?

Quote Reply
Really depends on your hardware/software, but I have three copies of LINKS SQL running on one virtual account, but using the same core module files. Also depends on traffic to your web site, if it is a lot, then you may notice degradation of data processing.

And, yes, this was discussed in the Pre Sales Forum awhile back...

Regards,

Eliot Lee