Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

No Links seen!

Quote Reply
No Links seen!
Hi!

Maybe it is a stupid question, but I have received the links SQL files today and installed it instantly. Everything works just fine (except the import of the old database, but I'll do it own my own). But when I "build all", only the categories are built. The categories show a number behind the category (i.e. 149), but there are no links. And even the search engine cannot find links, althogh they could be there. What do I make wrong. You can see my testing area under http://www.juralotse.de/Start/index.html.

Thank you!

Quote Reply
Re: No Links seen! In reply to
Do you even have links in your Links table? The reason I ask is that you stated that you are having a problem with "importing" data.

If you do...you need to index (add weights) to your fields (+3) via the Table Maintenance option in the admin.cgi and the re-index your database to show up links in the search results. In terms of the categories, make sure that you have the following tags in your category.html file:

Code:

<%if links%>
<%links%>
<%endif%>

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
<%if links%>
<%links%>
<%endif%>

Question: if you don't use the if and endif statemant will there be a problem ?

Regards startpoint

Quote Reply
Oh, I think I have found the problem: the links didn't have the right status (0). I have changed the status to 200, and everything works. I have imported the links on my own (from Links 2.0) by copy - paste all. But thank you very much for your help!!

Quote Reply
Sorry, Links not yet seen! In reply to
Sorry, but that was not the problem. The search engine can now find the links, but in the categories the links are not there!! I think it is a problem with the category template, but I cannot find the problem. Even with the original templates it does not work. What can it be? I am not used to LinksSQL, so please think of really stupid errors of myself!

Thank you very much!

Quote Reply
Re: Sorry, Links not yet seen! In reply to
Possibly...you did not import your data correctly (as you originally stated) and the CategoryIDs were not propegated in the correct Links and also the Number of Links was not correctly propegated in your Category table.

Check the CategoryID field in the Links database and Number of Links in the Category database via the admin.cgi....use List All option for each table.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I replace the Categories in the original links.db to the new Category ID, e.g. Links/eCommerce -> 10 (if the category ID for Links/eCommerce is 10).
And the subcategory shows the number of links in (), the links must be there. But in the source code of the category pages the links are not build. But the search engine can find them, even the category listet in the search results is right.

My english is not quite good, so could you please take a look at http://www.juralotse.de/Start/ and see what I mean. To search something, please enter "Mietwohnung". Then a link is found, but this link cannot be seen in the matching category. It is the orinal template without modifications. I don't really what to do!

Many thanks in regard!!!!

Quote Reply
Now I got my mistake (a really, really stupid one!). In the Links.pm I changed the sort order for the links in the categories in Title,isNew,isPopular. Because my site is a german one, I did wrote Titel instead of Title (the german translation), and so the script didn't know this sort order.

Really stupid, eh? But thank you very much!

Quote Reply
Welp...glad you figured it out...You have to be really careful about the global variables defined in the Links.pm file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee