Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Admin Search... something strange

Quote Reply
Admin Search... something strange
Testing on my local LInksSQL with a fresh database imported from links2 I wondered that doing a search from the administration pannel using the form at the bottom of the page (that should match against all fields) it returned in every case the whole database.
Hmm. This is strange.

Then I quickly came back on line and I tried the on-line linksSQL demostration site.
I tried a simple query with the word "Leporati" (my first name)

well, it returns 45 results and it should be ok. The strange thing is that there in no "Leporati" strings on returned records.

This is strange.

Quote Reply
Re: Admin Search... something strange In reply to
Found the bug.. Edit DBSQL.pm and change line 476 from:

next if (($self->{'db_type'}{$column} =~ /INT/i) and ($opt_r->{'keyword'} !~ /^\d+\.?\d*$/));

to:

next if (($self->{'db_type'}{$column} =~ /INT|DECIMAL|FLOAT/i) and ($opt_r->{'keyword'} !~ /^\d+\.?\d*$/));

and it will work.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Cool! I had that happen a few times, I thought it was my database <G>

Quote Reply
ok,

now when I keep the "whole words" checked, and enter a term in the keyword box (in the admin) I get "0" resultes every time.
Quote Reply
BTW-- I just noticed that if I pick "modify" records, I'm not given the form buttons at the bottom of the screen. ("Your search has returned 2 records" ... but no form button).

If I check 'modify multiple' I am.

This is in the admin area.
Quote Reply
Hi pugdog,

Can you replicate this on the online demo? I can't seem to. If so, please let me know what you entered in so I can hunt this down.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex,

I missed your reply to this... (I looked at it again because of loopy's post) but I still get the two oddities '0' results and no form boxes. [if I select 'modify' and uncheck both boxes and run a search, or just check 'any' and run a search, the search is presented, but no check boxes or form buttons -- it looks sort of like the 'view/list' option rather than the 'modify' option]

Let me install the next version, and if the problem persists I'll try to duplicate it elsewhere...

[This message has been edited by pugdog (edited September 25, 1999).]