Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Putting a certain link at a certain place...

Quote Reply
Putting a certain link at a certain place...
How could I put link 1 at the 5th place of it's categorie and link 2 and the 4th place of it's categorie?????
thanx in advance,

theuls

---------------------------------
surfootball.com your soccer index
Quote Reply
Re: Putting a certain link at a certain place... In reply to
Since there'll be different numbers of links in each category, that would be quite difficult to accomplish across all links in all categories unless some form of counting is added to the build process (although it may have already been done).

Personally, I use a 'level' system that currently works on 3 levels, but could be adapted to work on as many as you want. Each links has a default level of 3, with the option for me to adjust it to 2 or 1. When the categories are built the links are sorted first by their level so I end up with all 1's at the top, followed by 2's then 3's (I use this system to sell enhanced listings as all the 1's are also in bold, and 2's are for people linking-back).

You could have as many levels as you wanted and just update the ones you want at the top!

If this would be any use, let me know and I'll post details on how I did it.

All the best
Shaun

Quote Reply
Thanx!!!!
I got the idea, and everything is working, exept that when I validate, the link doesn't have any number for the placement, even if the default is 6.... When you added a field to your table, what did you put forthese??
Column,Type, Form Length, Max Length, Not Null, Default Value, Validation, Index, Weight????
thanx again,

theuls

---------------------------------
surfootball.com your soccer index
Quote Reply
theuls,

You need to add the field to the validate and links tables. This will ensure its moved over when you validate a link, and also that its present when you add a new link directly from the admin panel.

All the best
Shaun