Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Parsing Dmoz content

Quote Reply
Parsing Dmoz content
Hi guys..

I don' t have Links SQL and, before buying it, I would like to know if is it possible parsing RDF files, like the databses of the Dmoz, with the Parse_RDF and having results like in Links 2.0 and if it has the capability to write inside the RDF files, like Links 2.0 does with the .db files...

Great thanks to everyone who can help me...
Quote Reply
Re: Parsing Dmoz content In reply to
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand 100%, but yes, it is possible to parse the RDF file and place the links and categories inside of Links SQL. From there, you can export it into a regular flat file.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Oh, Alex, is a great onour have an answer from you!!!

Can I ask pubicly the last thing?
I downloaded the three entires files and I couldn' t unzip the content.rdf because it' s too big (is about 400 Mb uncompressed). Does Links SQL work from a zipped format too?
Does Links SQL incorporate others databases as MS SQL Server or IBM DB2?

Thank you very, very much for the answers...

P.S. I contacted you, maybe you didn' t checked the mail, for a private reason. Can you tell me if you recieved my e'mail, or what do you think about that?

Thank you again.

Tomi
Quote Reply

Quote:
Can I ask pubicly the last thing?
I downloaded the three entires files and I couldn' t unzip the content.rdf because it' s too big (is about 400 Mb uncompressed). Does Links SQL work from a zipped format too?

Yes, the Parse_RDF.pl will work without requiring you to unzip the file.

Quote:
Does Links SQL incorporate others databases as MS SQL Server or IBM DB2?

Not yet, we are in the midst of rewriting a porting to make it work with MS SQL 7, and then adding support for other databases will be very easy. This should be available monday.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply

Quote:
P.S. I contacted you, maybe you didn' t checked the mail, for a private reason. Can you tell me if you recieved my e'mail, or what do you think about that?

Ooops, missed this. My email backlogs is currently around 4 days.. Ugh. I hope to clear it out soon and you can expect an answer shortly.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Great!
You did it really a great job man!

I' m buying soon the SQL version

Thank you...