Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Parse_RDF.pl

Quote Reply
Parse_RDF.pl
Im am getting the following error.

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/
libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/loca
l/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /usr/home/links/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/ad
min/setup/Parse_RDF.pl line 49.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/home/links/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin
/admin/setup/Parse_RDF.pl line 49.

Ive cut down the dmoz directory to the links I want which is 10 megs. I did a search and didn't find the same error posted anywhere. Any help would be greatful.

Quote Reply
Re: Parse_RDF.pl In reply to
Is your Links SQL running otherwise? Can you add links manually?

If not, then DBI.pm is not available on your system.

If Links _is_ working, then for some reason it's not passing the path to DBI.pm properly.

If it's the first problem -- you need to add it, or have your ISP add it.

If it's the second... the fix varies a bit by installation (sometimes just putting the path to DBI.pm in a use lib statement will work).

Quote Reply
pugdog

Checking for required modules:
CGI.pm ... version 2.56 ok!
DBI.pm ... version 1.13 ok!
Links.pm ... ok!

Thats from the setup.cgi

although you are right I cannot add links manually. Comes up with cannot create Link ID.

I have checked my Links.pm settings and they are fine. Can't really seem to see what is wrong. DBI.pm is installed on my server and I got iServer to re-install it aswell.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jason

Quote Reply
Now that's a little strange. What happens if you type from shell:

perl -MDBI -e 'print $DBI::VERSION'

does it come back with an error or print the version number? Also, are you using the Parse_RDF.pl that you can get from the download area?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

I get the same error

------------------------------------------------
Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/
libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/loca
l/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .).
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
-------------------------------------------------------

I've contacted my hosting company and they installed DBI.pm themselves. Im using Parse_RDF.pl which was included in the package. I haven't downloaded it from the download area.

Ive contacted my hosting company and told them about the error maybe its a server misconfiguration problem.

Thanks
Jason