Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Need Big time Help...

Quote Reply
Need Big time Help...
Have several questions about links sql....

1. How do I customize the spacing? as it came it is too far spaced I want single spacing.
2. Is it possible to have 3 columns instead of 2 on the category page?
3. (Biggest One) - I know its possible to use the dmoz database. Where are there detailed
instructions on how to do so? And does it merge with my existing database I have entered
by hand? - I dont want to lose the information I entered. And is it possible to only get 1 area
of their database? - or is it a take all kind of thing?
4. Where is the yahoo, snap, etc stuff, I see the template in "edit templates" but it comes up blank.
Where is it that I edit that stuff?

Would appreciate any and all aid in my quest for understanding this thing until a Links SQL for Dummies is released ;-)

Pelslvr

Quote Reply
Re: Need Big time Help... In reply to
In Reply To:
1. How do I customize the spacing? as it came it is too far spaced I want single spacing.
Edit the template files. And learn some HTML.

In Reply To:
2. Is it possible to have 3 columns instead of 2 on the category page?
Yep...look in the Links.pm file.

In Reply To:
. (Biggest One) - I know its possible to use the dmoz database. Where are there detailed
instructions on how to do so? And does it merge with my existing database I have entered
by hand? - I dont want to lose the information I entered. And is it possible to only get 1 area
of their database? - or is it a take all kind of thing?
Refer to the Links SQL FAQ web site linked in the Resources section.

In Reply To:
4. Where is the yahoo, snap, etc stuff, I see the template in "edit templates" but it comes up blank.
Where is it that I edit that stuff?
What do you mean? Are the YAHOO and SNAP directories empty? Are the pages blank when you try to access these templates via page.cgi. What?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
they come up blank in the edit template area in my admin section... Am I to edit it somewhere else?

Quote Reply
Did you upload the ALL the template files to your templates directory?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
The installation was done by Jack - its being hosted on their servers.