Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

NPH-Verify Not Working??

Quote Reply
NPH-Verify Not Working??
Hi,

I am hoping some one can help me. We've had LinksSQL v1.11 installed for about 1 1/2 years and has worked flawlessly ever since... now all of the sudden I can not verify or Check status of the links? Everything else works fine. This is on a dedicated box of which I am the only one with access so I know nothing has changed. When I try nph-verify.cgi?db=Links or nph-verify.cgi?db=Links&do=check_links - I get "Page can not be displayed".

I tried replacing nph-verify.cgi with a backup copy but nothing works. We only have about 10,000 links in the db. What can be wrong? Unsure

Hope you can help.
Quote Reply
Re: [bboilard] NPH-Verify Not Working?? In reply to
Can you try running nph-verify from the telnet prompt and letting it run until it either crashes (shouldn't happen) or gives up? I think what is happening is that you have a bad link that is taking a long time to resolve.
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] NPH-Verify Not Working?? In reply to
Oh Oh, this doesn't look good... remember I told you I have over 10,000 links - I ran nph-verify.cgi --check_problem because check_all didn't work. I ran it from telnet like you said and it went through all of them ??? Now it says that I only have 413 total links?
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] NPH-Verify Not Working?? In reply to
Update, after it finished, I ran nph-verify.cgi --check_all from telnet and now works from there... it is currently working on checking all 10,000 links... however I still don't have web base access even to check? I know the script works, permissions are set to chmod 755? Why won't it work from the browser anymore?

Should I just run this with all the rest of my cron jobs, if so what would be the command that I should do nph-verify.cgi --check_new? check_all? What do you suggest. Should I even worry about the web based link?

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: [bboilard] NPH-Verify Not Working?? In reply to
The reason is that you have a LOT of links to build and the script will time-out via your browser. So, you should set-up a cron job to re-build your directory.

OR request a longer timeout period from your hosting company.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me