Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

More accurate search results.

Quote Reply
More accurate search results.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed how Links SQL can return some pretty inaccurate search results from time to time and whether anyone has made any improvements to the search algorithm.

If i search for "Where can I find Womble skin shoes?" it gives equal weight to "where", "can" and "i" as it does to "Womble", "skin" and "shoes". Has anyone made a mod that filters out a list of common words from the search string?

Second point: If I search for "accommodation russia" chances are it's going to return a whole heap of other accommodation links before it returns anything with both words in it. Has anyone made a mod that can give less weight to certain words (like "accommodation)?
Quote Reply
Re: More accurate search results. In reply to
Again, Alex was working on changes to this early on after the 1.11 release was out, so let's wait for the next release before we start to try to attack it too much.

Since Alex has put a lot of redevelopment effort into this, I'm (impatiently) waiting for the next release.

But, I've also gotten pretty intimate with the code and logic, so I'm ready to make some sweeping changes/upgrades/addons depending on what he releases.

He's not really released a new feature list yet, so everyone is sort of anxious.
Quote Reply
Oh I don't mean to bag Links SQL. I personally think it is a great piece of work; I just wish Alex could clone himself a couple of dozen times, smooth off some of the rough edges and add some advanced features to the actual searching mechanism.
Quote Reply
I know what you mean. I have work here for 3 more of me. And I'm sure Alex could use a half dozen more of himself Smile
Quote Reply
So is there any sort of ETA on this new version?
Quote Reply
Going by Alex's last announcement, sometime in the next two weeks.
Quote Reply

Quote:
I just wish Alex could clone himself a couple of dozen times

Oh you and me both Wink. We are going through a lot of change here at Gossamer, but hopefully it will be for the better. I'll be announcing the new features and a schedule later this week. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Alex