Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Modify with ID & Password Mod Question?

Quote Reply
Modify with ID & Password Mod Question?
Hi,

I've added the 'Modify with ID & Password' mod which is working fine - but I'm wondering how the user gets to know the Link ID in the first place so they can log back in and modify it?

Has anyone made or know of another mod, or know how to do a mod, that emails the user their Link ID when they first add it and it's approved, and again when they modify it?

Cheers

Regan.

Quote Reply
Re: Modify with ID & Password Mod Question? In reply to
In Reply To:
I've added the 'Modify with ID & Password' mod which is working fine - but I'm wondering how the user gets to know the Link ID in the first place so they can log back in and modify it?
You include the following tags in the email-add.txt and email-mod.txt files:

Code:

ID: <%ID%>
Password: <%Password%>

In Reply To:
Has anyone made or know of another mod, or know how to do a mod, that emails the user their Link ID when they first add it and it's approved, and again when they modify it?
Links SQL already does that.

Regards,

Quote Reply
Thanks for the hints AnthroRules,

The Password tag <%Password%> in the emails back great, but the <%ID%> tag just returns the id '1' every time I add a new link.

You said LinksSQL already returns the link "ID" number with new link additions - if this is right, how do I turn it on because mine isn't automatically doing it?

Cheers,

Regan.

Quote Reply
I found a solution posted by Alex at:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/forum/showflat.pl?ubb=000547:Forum9

If anyone else needs the mod you'll find all the answers there.

Cheers
Regan.

Quote Reply
Glad you figured it out...you simply need to auto-increment the ID field and it should be classified as a INT field type.

Regards,

Eliot Lee