Quote:
Building Pages ...

Backing up database ...
Backup disabled ... Skipping
Done

Updating vote and hit counters ...
Done (1 s)

Updating new and popular records ...
Marking records added after: '1999-11-02' as new, rest back to old ...
Updated 0 entries to new, 0 entries back to old ...
Content-type: text/html

Software error:

DBSQL (20831): Fatal Error: Unable to execute query: UPDATE Links SET isChanged = 'Yes' WHERE isNew = 'No' AND Mod_Date > '1999-11-02' . Reason: Unknown column 'isChanged' in 'field list' at /home/sites/site5/web/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 174

Please send mail to this site's webmaster for help.

Due to a server death I had to delete everything. When I installed the new version, this is what I got. Any ideas?

------------------
Ted Sindzinski
www.infinityinternet.com
Quote Reply
Re: Links sql b1.1 error In reply to
Hmm, it seems you are missing the isChanged field. Are you upgrading or a fresh install? It sounds like you are upgrading from a previous version. If so, did you run setup.cgi?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Fresh install. I'll try running setup.cgi again.
Quote Reply
Running setup.cgi produces the following onload
Quote:
Can't open perl script "d:\inetpub\wwwroot\studentresource.net\cgi-bin\admin\setup\setup.cgi": No such file or directory
Quote Reply
This sounds like a webserver configuration issue. Do any of the cgi's works? I tried a few URL's and that's what I got for all .cgi files.

Double check that IIS is configured properly to run CGI scripts with perl.

Hope this helps,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hate to tell ya Alex, I'm not on iis. I'm on redhat/apache domain is studentresources.net .
Quote Reply
Fraid you got your domain name wrong. Wink If you got to:

http://www.studentresource.net/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi

You'll see the error you mentioned. But if you go to studentresources.net then you get an error about being transferred in BINARY mode, which is an easy fix. =) Just send everything over in ASCII.

Confused me for a while there. =)

Cheers,

Alex

Quote Reply
ROFL. I guess setting up cgi while being sick isn't too smart Smile
Quote Reply
Ok, so i uploaded everything in asii. Now when I run setup.cgi and try to drop everything then recreate it, it gives me errors dropping saying that it cna't find the tables and then errors adding say they're already there?
Quote Reply
Hmm, can you edit DBSQL.pm and set $DEBUG = 2. Then re-run setup.cgi and cut and paste a little of what it says the error is.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply

Quote:
Software error:

/home/sites/site5/web/cgi-bin/admin/defs/Build_Update.def did not return a true value at Links/DBSQL.pm line 1283.

Content-type: text/html

Software error:

DBSQL (29854): Fatal Error: Error loading Config file '/home/sites/site5/web/cgi-bin/admin/defs/Build_Update.def'. Reason: Parse Error: [Wed Nov 10 13:36:46 1999] nph-build.cgi: /home/sites/site5/web/cgi-bin/admin/defs/Build_Update.def did not return a true value at Links/DBSQL.pm line 1283.
at /home/sites/site5/web/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 131

is the complete error I recieve. If you'd like me to send my login information (you may still have it) please let me know.