Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Is the current version bugs free and stable?

Quote Reply
Is the current version bugs free and stable?
Dear all,

I would like to know whether the zip file that available for download is bug free and stable?

I noticed a lot of people posting some small bugs in the forum, I just wonder whether the current zip file fixed all these bugs.

Alex, will there any big changes for the final version? Because I want to install it as soon as possible in my server.

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
Re: Is the current version bugs free and stable? In reply to
The normal version worked fine but the beta has caused me many problems. Of course, I have a ton of links & categories which makes things a bit more complicated...

------------------
Ted Sindzinski
www.infinityinternet.com
Quote Reply
the current version has a lot of mistakes in it. they are rather simple.. some spelling errors and some wrong variables or code that doesn't do anything..

i'm guessing most or all of the problems will be out by the final release.. although i bet there will be a few problems..

also.. ALEX.. why isn't the resource center in SQL? Smile

jerry
Quote Reply
"bug free and stable" is a loaded question Smile

I've always found it easier to run a 'beta' site make the changes to that, if everything works, then just copy it over except for the links.pm file.

Even if something really works, it might not work for you in your situation, and if it doesn't work for you, it might work perfectly well for someone else.

I think that's the position I'm in now.

I'm going to wait for the next release before I deploy this code. It had some real improvements, but for what I'm doing I found that the previous version is still more production-ready than this one.

I think Alex tried to get the beta out a little too fast ... Even though it was late. It's a big job.

Once 1.1 comes out, I think we'll see a better ability to get everyone up to speed, and for our changes/suggests to mesh with Alex's improvements and vice-versa.