Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Import-Export problems : CategoryHierarchy not defined

Quote Reply
Import-Export problems : CategoryHierarchy not defined
Hello Alex!

As you suggested in the other thread the modification of editor.cgi during the import. When I import links, it is able to get a CategoryID (As I have everything in Access database with Category names instead of their IDs).

Now I have a problem that the CategoryHierarchy is not being defined and also am not able to build them. This is because the import is a simple import and does not do the filling respective areas of the database tables.

Also once it is inside the database, I cannot export them back to my Access database as the realted information is not carried alongwith the exports.

Any suggestion would help.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Re: Import-Export problems : CategoryHierarchy not defined In reply to
CategoryHeiarchy is rebuilt every time you build the pages (that's what it is doing when it says Calculating Stats). It's not neccessary to import/export it.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Import-Export problems : CategoryHierarchy not defined In reply to
Hello Alex!

I am facing timeout problems. Either the server gives a problem or the line from Germany seems too far maintaining a connection soo long with American provider Wink.

The thing is that I must choose what to do first, calculate stats of build. Now I found it out that I must get the stats calculated FIRST as this routine comes there in question first. After if I build the Categories, than it is OK.

------------------
rajani