Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Import-Export problems : CategoryAlternates not Imported

Quote Reply
Import-Export problems : CategoryAlternates not Imported
Hello Alex!

During the imports I am unable to get the CategoryAlternates in the respective table. Therefore it only inserts a default value.

Further, the two tables of Links and Alternates are seperate. So if the Links table is corrupted or for whatever the reason, I may have to rebuild again. In this case, the LinkID will be a new one in the Links table and the ID in Alternates will still be the old one. Or am I not understanding something out there?

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Re: Import-Export problems : CategoryAlternates not Imported In reply to
Hi,

Yes, you should be able to import/export CategoryAlternates if for nothing else but to backup your database.

I'll look at adding that to editor.cgi.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Import-Export problems : CategoryAlternates not Imported In reply to
Hello Alex!

No, no, thats not a problem. I can import ofcourse in principle. But the editor.cgi is just a simple dumping function.

If I have a seperate table of Category Alternates entirely seperate then I can simply dump into the MySQL database through editor.cgi or any other program for dumb dumping. However we wanna clever dumping.

I have my database in access 97 and in one table. This would be the case of many Links users and also non-links users. Therefore it should be sorted from the Cloumn of Cat_Alternates from the links table into the CategoryAlternates table after it created its LinksID. At the moment this is not taken care of.

Also at the time of export, all the data will come out with their IDs and without CategoryAlternates. If the export area is developed for this purpose with some options and possibilities, that would be very helpful.

------------------
rajani