Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

I am ABSOLUTELY tired of the script LINKS SQL

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: I am ABSOLUTELY tired of the script LINKS SQL In reply to
Hello Alex!

Is there any plan to develop the area of editor.cgi further related to export-import?

I cannot work any more.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Hello Alex!

After removing the validation information from the defs, and also tuning manually with the help of editor.cgi, I have managed to get the datetime to date. It was this validation that was giving problems at various levels.

Now I still have a problem about deleting a line that is imported, or exporting everything, etc as mentioned above.

To go through all this process of finding out is somehow a torchure.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Hello Alex!

What you suggested above does not work. Thats wrong. It MUST be the following :

if ($table eq 'Validate') {
if ($record{'CategoryID'} !~ /^\d*$/) {
$record{'CategoryID'} = &get_category_id ($record{'CategoryID'}) | | ($record{'CategoryID'});
}
}

Your suggestion of simply dumping data into the links table with changing the category number will never ever build any link. Therefore one must pass through the painful process of Validate table (Only then it will calculate number of links and new,etc)

Thats the reason why I thought if editor.cgi has more functionality, it will help. I asked you of this only because I was working in a wrong direction of getting everything in to Links Table. This was also a nightmare.

Now the biggest problem I am facing is that I have 4600 Categories. For each link it is downloading 4600 links X 10 per page. This page itself has more than few megabytes. Ofcourse, I will have to work with HTML.pm production and hunt for the codes which produces all this information. I could easily get it through hidden tags and passing variables without having to generate them by html.

------------------
rajani

> >