Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

ID number to parse

Quote Reply
ID number to parse
Could anyone tell me why <%ID%> is not parsed in the modify_success.html template?

I get an unknown tag.

Thanks

------------------
http://hostglobal.com
Find your webhost!
Quote Reply
Re: ID number to parse In reply to
Probably has to do with how the variables are passed -- that is a generated template from modify.cgi

The record is read, but when modified the data is probably not passed to the form and back again. You can pass it, and keep track of it fairly easily.

You have to do a look up, then when you find it, you can pass it explicitly to the form. To pass it back, make it a hidden variable "ID" and assign it the value if "ID" then, make sure to read it back if you need it.

Quote Reply
I put it as a hidden tag in the modify form as ID. I'm lost from there. Things are much different than Links 2.0, which is pretty easy to modify. I guess I just have to start studying the script.

Quote Reply
Ok... the way the link is read is what is different. If you can't figure this out, I can probably have a fix for you this weekend, unless Jerry beats me to it. It's not hard at all....
Quote Reply
none of the link information is parsed into modify_success.html..

if you want it to be.. just go to modify.cgi

and find this line

Code:
&site_html_modify_success( { Category => $category, %in }, $dynamic);

change to

Code:
&site_html_modify_success( { Category => $category, %links, %in }, $dynamic);

the thing is that because this is the Validation Database.. it is not "ID".. it is now "LinkID"

jerry
Quote Reply
Thanks Jerry. I actually had to use <%ID%> and not <%LinkID%> .