Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

HELP: dmoz.org data import

Quote Reply
HELP: dmoz.org data import
I cannot seem to find any information on the imporation of the .rdf dump from dmoz.org.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find details on the process of importation and ????

I'm unsing Anaconda.net's Open Directory right now and it's a slow process to fecth and parse each page, each request.

Using me Links SQL will have a huge advantage.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Reply
Re: HELP: dmoz.org data import In reply to
lisco,

You can use the Parse_RDF.pl file supplied with LinkSQL 1.1.3 (The version Im using) to import the DMOZ RDF file into a MySQL Database. Mind you it may take a very long time. I have before actually edited the DMOZ RDF file and taken the section I needed to Parse. I used Ultra Edit I think it was called and this read the file line by line. It does require a faily upto date computer but can be alot easier if you dont have the hard disk space to Parse the RDF file which was my case when I first had done this.

Im not familiar with the other Script your using but if you don't currently have LinksSQL id suggest you get it. I have spent a fair bit of money on behalf of my company where I work at of course finding a suitable solution. Alex and his team has an outstanding product with a huge support base unlike any other product I've used. I've also purchased Gossamer Mail just waiting on the next release with the frameless templates so we can also impliment this on our website.

If you need any other help with the RDF import don't hesistate to ask.

Jason Xuereb.