Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Full documentation and shopping question

Quote Reply
Full documentation and shopping question
Is there a full documentation of the features and how to use it for links sql. I am a little uncertain of features like login for users. What is their advantage against unregistered visitors?

My second question is: How can I access the user data from another cgi script. I have a shop cgi for links 2.0 and store like a shopping cart in a cookie. Now I was wondering if I can access the userID from that script to check if the user is logged in and if he is logged in I can store the cart in another cookie and if not tell him to log on. I want to make the links sql work like my shop with links 2.0 at www.master-productions.com . I want to upgrade as fast as possible because we now have more than 20.000 Links in a flatfile. But I am not yet used to links sql.

Cheers

Niko
Quote Reply
Re: Full documentation and shopping question In reply to
Have you checked out the FAQs in the Resource Center?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...urces/Links_SQL/FAQ/

Have you checked the complete LINKS SQL FAQ site?

http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

These web pages contain tons of useful information about LINKS SQL.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
The user features were just really "hooks" in the 1.11 release. They didn't do anything but log a person in, and set a cookie with session information. There was no other 'advantage'.

More will be available in the next release, and I'm sort of waiting until that comes out before trying to do anything, since there are going to be some logic changes, and new code introduced.

Quote Reply
To AnthroRules: Yes, I have checked both of them and they are very useful and good, but I was thinking of something like with structure and complete. I know that this is difficult with things that are in some kind of evolution and improving every day.

To pugdog: Thanks for the information, you donīt know when the new release will be, do you?

Cheers and thanks to both of you

Niko